A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Seize the Night

Since reviewing Night Play for The Romance Reader last year, I've been working my way through Sherrilyn Kenyon's books. This week I read Seize the Night. It has a different tone from the other books in the series, but I still liked it: 4 out of 5.

When vampire hunter Tabitha fights off an attack, she ends up injuring the wrong man. Valerius is an immortal dark-hunter, but his injury is serious enough that Tabitha brings him home to recover. Although Valerius seems cold and aloof, she's attracted to him in spite of the fact that he is her brother-in-law's enemy.

Valerius and Tabitha are a classic case of opposites attract. He's reserved, she's gregarious. He's conservative, she's not. This, along with their similarities, makes them a good match for each other. I liked seeing a less-aggressive dark-hunter; Valerius is a beta hero with some alpha traits.

Acheron plays a big role in Seize the Night, and readers learn more about him and meet a possible love interest.

I mentioned that the tone of this book is different from the tone of her other books. It's darker, with a bit less humor. There's a bit too much going on, too. I think this would be a difficult book for a new reader to start with.

On another subject: After seeing several posts about blog templates, I've been exploring the possibility of a new template for this site. I downloaded a free one and then decided I didn't like it as much as I thought. I found another one I really like, but it looks like the Blogger version may no longer be available. In the meantime, I've spent so much time seeing what's out there that my eyes may fall out. So, you may see a new template soon, or you may not. You'll be the first to know.

In other news, I'm making a few final changes to my Romancing the Blog entry. I'm a little concerned that it will sound prissy. I hope not; I'm probably just being paranoid. In any case, you'll see it there on February 10. I have a few ideas for my March entry that I think will be fun. I'm not having writer's block at RTB (yet, knock on wood), which was one of my fears before agreeing to be a columnist.

Alyssa

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home