A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Friday, February 04, 2005

Tempting Contest

I haven't been to a used bookstore since my trip in December, which resulted in my car looking like this:

Wrecked Car [I changed the picture to a link--it's just too painful to see this photo on the main page.]

Today at lunch, I decided I wanted to make a bookstore stop. While I was looking at the Harlequin Temptations, I saw a number of Temptations I've enjoyed, and thought, "These are great books--I hope someone tries them and likes them."

And that's when I had an idea. I bought the books, and I'm going to have a contest each week in February. To enter, just go through my blog, find an entry that interests you, and add a comment. That will enter you into the contest. Are you tempted? I hope so!

I'm adding some caveats. While you can comment on as many posts as you like, you are limited to one entry in the contest. I reserve the right to disregard irrelevant comments. I also reserve the right to reevaluate at the end of each contest.

Comments made through Sunday, February 6, 2005 will be entered in the first contest. I will draw and announce a winner on Monday, February 7, 2005. That winner can choose a book from the four listed below:

Jacquie D'Alessandro: We've Got Tonight
Vicki Lewis Thompson: Old Enough to Know Better
Vicki Lewis Thompson: Pure Temptation
Nancy Warren: Underneath It All

Note to non-US readers: Leave a comment to this message listing your country. I will weigh a package and get back to you about whether I can mail it for a reasonable amount.

Go forth and comment!

Alyssa

P.S. As a side note, I'm pleased to say that I made the bookstore trip without injury to myself or my car. I should say my rental car. I'm still in the rental; my car is taking an incredibly long time to repair. I was supposed to get it last week, then this week, now it's looking like maybe next week . . .

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At February 09, 2005 2:23 PM, Blogger Roll The Dice said...

I love the idea of your contest - rock on! I must say...I love Thompson's "Nerd" series, but I've never read any of her other work. Good stuff, I bet! :-) Thanks, and have a great day! :-)

 
At February 10, 2005 9:48 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

I highly endorse THE NIGHTS BEFORE CHRISTMAS by Thompson, and HT title from 2001. Hot love scenes, and a blue collar hero. What more could a girl want?

 
At February 10, 2005 4:38 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Oh, I love Nights before Christmas. I checked it out of the library to read it, but I haven't been able to find a copy at a used bookstore. I may try Half.com eventually, but I hate to spend $2.75 (or whatever it is these days) in shipping if I can avoid it. I'll keep looking for now.

Alyssa

 
At February 11, 2005 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am new to leaving comments (or reading blogs, for that matter), but your contest tempted me! :) I am enjoying your blog and love reading almost any type of romance. I also read your Romancing the Blog column and really enjoyed it--as well as the comments.

 
At February 12, 2005 9:42 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Jan,

Thanks so much for your kind words and for visiting my blog. I hope you'll return!

:)
Alyssa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home