Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye
Since Medium is one of my favorite shows these days, I was intrigued by the title of this mystery, Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye. Abby is a different kind of psychic than Medium's Allison Dubois; while Allison communicates with the dead, Abby's strength is in giving impressions about the future. During one reading, she warns a woman about a man: "You could be getting yourself into trouble with this dark-haired man." Weeks later, the woman is murdered.
Abby has never worked with the police before, but she has a blind date with Dutch Rivers, who turns out to be a cop. He's skeptical about psychics, and she's paranoid about police officers, but after a rough beginning, they work together to find out who murdered the woman.
I was fascinated by the explanations of how Abby's abilities work. She can determine lies from truth by hearing a voice in her head saying, "Liar, liar, pants on fire." And Abby's predictions are amazingly accurate. The author of the book, Victoria Laurie, is a psychic as well as a writer. This is the first book in a series; I definitely want to read the second.
I did wish there was more romance in the story, but then, I'm a romance reader. And Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye sets the stage for more mystery and romance to come.
Alyssa
Labels: 4.0 reviews, i-l reviews, romantic suspense reviews, tv

2 Comments:
I LOVE Medium and was thrilled to see it was picked up for another season!
I didn't start watching it until toward the end of the season, so I'm having fun watching them from the beginning through reruns.
Alyssa
Post a Comment
<< Home