A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Champagne Rules

I kept being drawn toward Champagne Rules by Susan Lyons during trips to the bookstore. After reading the review of it by Paperback Reader, I decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did, because the book is very good: 4 out of 5.

When Suzanne Brennan met Jaxon Navarre, she had yet to experience the ultimate in pleasure . . . but his tender initiation made her wildest dreams come true. Their brief, passionate affair had nothing at all to do with . . . forever. Four years later, the same rules apply. Keep it light. Keep it simple. And keep it sexy. Very, very sexy. In Jax's bed, Suzanne finds that desire goes deeper than she ever imagined and erotic pleasure has a whole new meaning. But when it comes right down to it, she's ready to break every rule in the book for him . . .

The story starts in Crete, where Suzanne and Jaxon meet on the beach and subsequently find a cave where they have sex. They don't exchange names or numbers, they just spend an afternoon together, then walk away.

Four years pass, but Jaxon and Suzanne haven't forgotten about each other. Suzanne finally decides to post an online ad to try and find her one-time lover, and Jaxon finds it because he has been searching the Web regularly to try and track her down.

What follows is a reunion that starts as a continuation of their previous affair, but which ultimately grows into something more. It's this process that I found most interesting. They start with what Suzanne calls the Champagne Rules--they'll meet on occasion and enjoy each other, just as you would enjoy the occasional champagne.

Jaxon is focused on his career and doesn't think he has time for a real relationship. Suzanne wants to get married and have a steady home life, and doesn't think she can have one with her fantasy man. But their feelings for each other soon overcome their plans.

I like the characters--Suzanne and Jaxon struck me as very real people. At times I thought there was a little too much interaction with the friends. Suzanne's circle of friends helped distinguish her as a person, but they also dominated the story at times. Still, I enjoyed Champagne Rules and would definitely recommend it. I plan to pick up Lyons's next story.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At March 26, 2006 6:32 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

I got this one from a contest PBR had, so I'm looking forward to reading it. Going to probably start it after I finish slogging through Wolf Tales.

 
At April 14, 2006 8:59 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

I hope you like it. I enjoyed it a lot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home