A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Catching Up

I'm roaming around the blogosphere trying to catch up on everybody's news. The first thing I see is that there's a huge exodus from Blogspot to WordPress. What's up with that? No matter, I'll find you no matter where you go. LOL! I will update my links in the next few days, but if I miss yours, please let me know.

In addition to blog moving, Maili's got a new job. Wendy's hoping she enjoys her next batch of review books better than the one she just finished. Sylvia's wrestling with incorrect (to put it mildly) galleys.

Then there's Angie, nicknamed evil editor, who is evil not so much because of her editing (which is actually quite helpful), but because of this comment she left in my previous blog entry.

I'll tell you a not-so-secret. Once you enter the publishing industry, reading slumps happen because it's hard to switch your brain from "work" to "pleasure". And most people end up working more than reading for pleasure.

My response? She's right. Damn it.



As for what others are doing? From what I can tell, you're all reading. It must be nice. LOL!

As for me, I've got another story wanting to be written, so I'm writing it. And I'm working on an author newsletter, which will go out to subscribers May 1. You can sign up in the box at left. Subscribers will have access to exclusive excerpts, subscriber-only contests, and lots of other good stuff.

If I'm lucky, I'll get time to read this weekend. I'm starting Alison Kent's Deep Breath.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 07, 2006 9:48 AM, Blogger Angela James said...

Actually, I'm not self-proclaimed at all. That tagline was gifted to me by Mandy Roth. I must protest that I'm not really evil at all. Hmph.

You'll find yourself learning to work it out. It's just a different kind of mindset, is all. But as you learn your craft, your enjoyment of books changes, because you notice the flaws even more than you did before, so you have to learn to read differently

 
At April 09, 2006 10:57 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Oops. I thought it was a self-proclaimed title because *cough* it is on your blog design. ;) I'll update that.

I have hopes of being on an upswing. I finished a great book yesterday: A Hunger Like No Other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home