A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Monday, August 14, 2006

Angel with Attitude

I bought Michelle Rowen's Angel with Attitude at the latest RWA signing, and it was one of the first books I read when I got home. It was a great one to start with: 4.5 out of 5.

Falling naked into the killer whale tank at MarineLand is always bad news, but it's a real bummer when you've just been kicked out of Heaven. Former angel Valerie Grace is determined to reverse her banishment--Earth's just no fun. Her best friend is a slightly perverted human-turned-rat (note to self: never cross a powerful witch) and she's being tailed by a sexy Tempter Demon named Nathaniel who's trying to lure her to Hell with kisses that are almost worth the trip. With the talking rodent sneaking peeks down her shirt and Nathaniel getting more irresistible every minute, this ex-angel has only one hope: find the stolen Key to Heaven and go home. Then the oddest thing happens--Nathaniel starts to show signs of loyalty and love. And soon Val is asking herself if it is such a bad thing to have the hots for a demon.

What do I like about it? The humor is terrific, and I love Rowen's voice. There were a number of great scenes and other things I enjoyed in the story, including phrases that made me chuckle, such as one character having a "tempter tantrum" (look at the first word closely if you don't get it at first). The "human-turned-rat" offers some nice comedic moments as well.

I also thought this was an intriguing world. The idea of a Tempter Demon is a fun one, and the opposing goals of Valerie and Nathaniel naturally heighten the conflict and the romantic tension. They are a fascinating couple, one I enjoyed spending time with, although I would have loved another sex scene or two. ;)

The book kept me engaged from beginning to end. I really love how the story came full circle and did it in a way I hadn't expected.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At August 16, 2006 4:54 AM, Blogger Valeen said...

The book kept me engaged from beginning to end. I really love how the story came full circle and did it in a way I hadn't expected.


I love when that happens! I think I have her first book in my TBR pile.

 
At August 17, 2006 12:40 PM, Blogger Sasha White said...

The title caught me with this one...and I've been eyeing it ever since. Now I'll give it a try for sure. Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home