A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Weekend Recap

Tomorrow you'll find my next column at Romancing the Blog. The topic is one I think many readers can relate to. As usual, I wrote one column, then ended up writing another on a completely different topic. This appears to be my writing pattern for these columns. Anyway, hope you enjoy it.

In book news, I've set aside Lady in Waiting for the second time; I'm really having trouble getting into it, in part because the heroine is driving me crazy. Back to the TBR pile it goes. Perhaps the third try will be the charm, but for now I'm moving on to review books and books I'm reading for a contest.

Back to work tomorrow. The weekends are always too damn short. The day's packed with six hours of meetings, too. I haven't decided whether that's good or bad. I guess it's good because I'm sick of doing the same thing every day, and bad because my work doesn't go away just because I'm in meetings. Just thinking about it makes me tired already.

Off to do laundry. Hope you had a good weekend!

Alyssa

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At June 20, 2005 4:47 AM, Blogger Tara Marie said...

The problem with Lady in Waiting is it's really one dimentional. It's about the heroine and the hero isn't really very important to the story. Once I realized it was "Jenny's story" and not really a traditional romance it became easier to read.

It probably should have been called "Jenny--The Shopaholic Maid".

 
At June 21, 2005 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your pics on RTB!

 
At June 24, 2005 2:14 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Tara Marie, thanks for offering your perspective about Lady in Waiting. It helps. Her persistent spending without paying her bills bothers me, and I haven't reached page 100 yet.

Jill, glad you enjoyed the pictures. You probably saw several of your books on the TBR shelves.

:)
Alyssa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home