A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Writer in the Making

I don't write books, but I am a full-time writer and editor. I'm having one of those weeks where I can't remember why I wanted to write in the first place. Then I remembered the answer: I've always written; it's what I do.

Here is a scrapbook page featuring an Alyssa-original story. I'm not sure how old I was when I wrote it--probably the second or third grade? Little did I know that I was dealing with some fairly adult themes.



If you don't want to try and decipher the handwriting, here's the story/poem:

Samson
Samson was a mouse.
He lived in America.
He sat on a house.
He kissed in a rocket.
He met me in my pocket.
He loved my boyfriend.
He married him Boo Hoo!
DumB Mouse!

When I discover things like these, I'm glad I am a packrat. There are some pretty funny moments about this poem--the apparently bisexual boyfriend as well as the obvious challenge of a boy/mouse relationship--but I love that it helps me remember why I like writing. I enjoy being creative. Even if I am writing about a mouse.

Alyssa

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At June 10, 2005 2:42 PM, Blogger Gigi said...

Lol! That is too cute :)

 
At June 10, 2005 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And just what was he doing in your pocket, hmm???

 
At June 10, 2005 2:58 PM, Blogger lost said...

Heh, that is very sweet. For a moment I thought you wrote "He sat on a rocket" and I thought, "DR. STRANGELOVE! Cool."

 
At June 10, 2005 9:40 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Thanks, Giselle.

Suzanne, apparently he was wooing my boyfriend.

Maili, LOL!

:)
Alyssa

 
At June 12, 2005 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling poem, but I'm amazed that you still have it!

 
At June 12, 2005 3:19 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Jill, if you saw my house, you wouldn't be so amazed that I would still have stuff from elementary school. Or actually, maybe you would be amazed. Just in a totally different way. Ha ha!

:)
Alyssa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home