A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Monday, March 13, 2006

Another One Bites the Dust

I'm still recovering from the news that Media Play was closing. It's now closed, and I've missed making two or three trips there a month. Now I buy books from Amazon, but I also stop at a local Borders and Waldenbooks. After work today, I went to Waldenbooks and saw that the store is closing. Ack!

I guess it's understandable, since Borders is right across the street. But I hate to see any bookstore close.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 14, 2006 5:58 AM, Blogger Tara Marie said...

Our MediaPlay closed right after Christmas. I'm not surprised, it was a mess, very poorly organized and stocked.

I think it's only a matter of time before one of the Waldenbooks closes too, it's 5 minutes from a new Barnes & Noble Superstore, and has maybe a quarter of the inventory. In fact the Walmart in our area has a better romance selection than the Waldenbooks.

 
At March 27, 2006 11:09 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Tara, my local Waldenbooks just closed on Sunday! Geez. It was pretty good, too.

Keishon, I had no idea Media Play closed so long ago in other states. The ones here seemed to be doing OK, but apparently not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home