A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Sunday, February 26, 2006

One Last Look

One Last Look is the final book in a trilogy by Linda Lael Miller. I liked the first two books, but I think this one is my favorite: 4.5 out of 5.

Clare Westbrook is a survivor who built her new law practice from sheer determination--and an unexpected inheritance. Now Clare, carrying her lover Tony Sonterra's child, has taken the biggest risk of all: saying "yes" to his marriage proposal and finally burying her lifelong commitment phobia. So why is fear running through her veins and haunting her dreams? Sonterra is fired up to leave Pheonix for small-town Arizona, to replace the town's missing police chief and target a lethal desert crime ring. Clare's willing to stand by her man, but her fiance won't be the only one flirting with danger on the job: as a special investigator for the D.A.'s office, Clare is plunged into a race to find a missing child whose mother was murdered--a hot case that puts Clare's safety, and that of her unborn child, on the edge. For in a place where secrets have nowhere to hide, the promise of Clare's bright future could vanish in the blink of an eye . . .

Tony and Clare were the focus of the previous two in the series: Don't Look Now and Never Look Back. One Last Look puts Clare in danger once again. This time, though, her relationship with Tony is solid. Yes, Clare has commitment issues, but her love for Tony is never in question, nor is his for her.

I fell in love with Tony in the first book, and I still think he's a wonderful hero. He and Clare butt heads just enough to keep him from slipping into too-good-to-be-true territory. I like that he is both protective and sensible. For example, he knows that Clare needs her own car, so after hers is totalled, he buys her a Hummer. I couldn't help but smile at the image of Clare driving a red Hummer.

As in the other books, Clare finds herself in dangerous situations. There were a couple of times when I wanted her to contact Tony sooner than she did, but in general I enjoyed the suspense aspect of the story.

One Last Look was an even better conclusion to the trilogy than I hoped it would be. I'm going to miss Clare and Tony.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home