A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Getting Organized

The title of this blog entry doesn't refer to my house, which might be a lost cause. Nor does it refer to the state of my yard. Instead, it refers to my attempt to organize my links and blog feeds.

I use Kinja. It's the easiest way for me to keep track of who has updated her blog lately. It saves me tons of time that I used to spend checking all my favorite blogs. Now, there's Kinja.

Unfortunately, I have several blogs on my link list that I never got around to adding to Kinja. And just as sadly, if the blog isn't listed in my Kinja, I forget to check for new posts. Weeks may go by, and I'll think, "I haven't seen anything from so-and-so lately." I check out the site and discover that so-and-so has been writing almost every day. I just hadn't known it.

Then there are the sites Kinja won't add. There's no compatibility problem with Blogger or WordPress, for instance. But other programs give Kinja more trouble. I've added Jordan and Meljean to my list, but their posts don't come through.

Then there are the people I lose track of. They move to WordPress and I forget to change the link somewhere. Oy. Which reminds me, where did Keishon go? I can't find her at all now.

Slowly, but surely, I'll get everything in one place.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At May 11, 2006 12:29 PM, Blogger Angela James said...

http://avidbookreader.com/

I have the same problem with Kinja and those two blogs you mentioned. And sadly, if Kinja doesn't crawl it, I don't read it. So that leaves out most Livejournal blogs as well :(

Like you, I rely on Kinja to tell me who updated, so I don't have to check all of the 100 or so blogs that are on my list, every day, several times a day. But that also means I don't read some blogs, because they dont' play well with Kinja.

 
At May 12, 2006 12:04 PM, Blogger meljean brook said...

It might be that mine is not on any blogging platform, but a customized one. I'm switching to WordPress (eventually) so with luck, it'll work a bit better then. I think Jordan might have something similar.

Keishon's at avidbookreader.com now :)

 
At May 12, 2006 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not try something other than kinja? I loved both bloglines and pluck back when I used to use rss feeds.

 
At May 14, 2006 5:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe I should get something like that LOL. I would have been able to see that you have been busy posting to your blog.

 
At May 21, 2006 11:52 AM, Blogger Karen Scott said...

I have the same problem with Meljean and Jordan's blog too! And like Angie, if it doesn't appear on Kinja, it doesn't get read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home