A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Dental Phobia

I'm sitting in my cubicle, trying to get some work done, and all I can think is that I'm terrified of having my teeth cleaned this afternoon. I know it's silly, and I'm blowing this out of proportion. I really like my dentist, and even though root canals are not particularly enjoyable, I'd rather do that than have my teeth cleaned.

Here's why: the woman who does teeth cleanings isn't particularly nice. The last time I spoke with her was three (four?) years ago, and her five-minute lecture and disapproving looks sent me running out of the office. And that was before the actual cleaning appointment. In fact, I couldn't bring myself to schedule the cleaning appointment. The interesting thing is that she is apparently quite popular, because her schedule is always full a month or two in advance. Go figure.

So now I'm trying to gear myself up for the lecture and the looks. I'm perfectly aware of dental hygiene. I brush my teeth twice daily. I'm not as good about flossing, I admit, but the truth is that I inherited bad teeth from both my mom and dad, so what can you do? Well, floss more regularly, I guess. And I'm sure the hygienist will give me lots of other ideas. I just hope the experience isn't too painful.

Alyssa

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home