Dancing at Midnight
I've been reading Julia Quinn's novels as I can fit them in--I only read them on weekends, for reasons I explain here. Last week I read Dancing at Midnight, which I realized I've read before. While I enjoyed reading it again, it's not one of Quinn's strongest books. I give it 3 out of 5.
Belle Blydon, who is the best friend of Spendid's heroine, meets John Blackwood. Though she is often courted, Belle is tired of the ton and finds John's abruptness to be disconcerting yet appealing. John admires Belle for her intelligence as well as her beauty, but he feels unworthy of her because of certain events during his time as a soldier.
Dancing at Midnight is interesting--the characters are likable, but don't quite cross the line into being memorable. Belle and John simply aren't as vivid as the couples in some of Quinn's other books.
Alyssa
Labels: 3.0 reviews, historical reviews, q-s reviews

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home