Killing Time
I can't believe it's already December 5. Where did November go? I haven't even started making Christmas cards yet; that will be my task this week. I'll post a scan of my card once I design and create it.
This should be an interesting week. I'm going to the dentist tomorrow for a filling. On Friday, I will receive my Christmas bonus. I'm still trying to decide whether I will attend Suzanne Brockmann's Target Tampa event. One of my coworkers reminded me that I will also get a check soon for my five-year anniversary with the company. I will make a decision soon, because if I'm going, I need to make travel plans.
On to a reading update. After reading several of Leslie Kelly's books, I was looking forward to Killing Time. It turned out to be a so-so read. I liked the main characters, but too many things were going on in this book for me to completely enjoy it: 3 out of 5.
Mick Winchester is surprised to see Caroline Lamb in his hometown. Caro was the college lover who broke his heart when she broke up with him. Now, she's in town to film a reality show, Killing Time in a Small Town.
Caro is equally surprised to see Mick. She's never been able to forget about him, and she's just as attracted to him as ever. The attraction only increases when she rents a room in his house.
There's a lot to like here. I particularly liked Mick, the charismatic small-town bad boy who isn't as bad as people think he is. He never got over Caro, but he doesn't know how they can make their relationship work; after all, she lives in California. She didn't trust him to be faithful in college, and he worries that history will repeat itself.
Killing Time includes several subplots. They come together nicely in the end, but they also drag down the story. I also thought that Mick and Caro took too long to discuss their relationship. They are definitely hot together, though. ;) Kelly writes good love scenes.
Still, my favorite Leslie Kelly book is Wickedly Hot.
Alyssa
Labels: 3.0 reviews, book signings, i-l reviews, life

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home