A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Educating Caroline

Last year taught me that I can depend on Meg Cabot for an entertaining read. Educating Caroline (using the name Patricia Cabot) did nothing to disprove this theory: 4 out of 5.

When Caroline Lindon walks in on her fiance when he's having sex with another woman, she decides to take action. Her mother tells her that men have mistresses, but Caroline wants him to love and want only her. She approaches Braden Granville, a famous womanizer who needs information only she has. Braden will teach her how to keep a man interested, and she will testify about his fiancee's infidelity so he can avoid a breach of promise suit. Neither Caroline nor Braden expects to fall in love with each other.

Caroline is a delightful and refreshing heroine. While innocent, she is also spunky. I like how she decides to take a proactive approach with her problem. In a contemporary romance, she would kick him to the curb. As this is a historical romance, she doesn't take this approach, but this was understandable. There is an interesting moment toward the end of the book when Caroline realizes that she wasn't as upset with her fiance as she should have been because she didn't really love him.

Braden is a type of hero I love. He may start as "a Don Juan," but he falls hard for Caroline. A self-made businessman, Braden is also honorable in ways that Caroline's noble fiance isn't. I like his persistence, too.

There's not as much humor in Educating Caroline as there is in some of Cabot's other books, but there are some funny moments. All in all, this was a worthwhile read.

Alyssa

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home