Hunter's Moon
If I had judged C.T. Adams and Cathy Clamp's Hunter's Moon on the fact that it's a first-person narrative from the perspective of a hitman--who happens to be a werewolf--I would have missed a great story by an interesting author team: 4 out of 5.
Yes, you read that correctly. Hunter's Moon is told in first-person. Tony Giodone is also a hitman and werewolf. He meets Sue Quentin when she hires him to kill her. You read that correctly, too. But things don't quite go as planned. Sue recently won the lottery, which put her in the spotlight. Tony doesn't agree to kill her (at least, not immediately), but he does agree to hear her story. However, the full moon is coming . . .
I enjoyed entering this fictional world. I was fascinated by the idea that emotions have different scents. As a werewolf, Tony has a keen sense of smell. He uses this in every aspect of his life, but it's particularly useful with his work. Tony is matter-of-fact about the way he earns his living. Authors Adams and Clamp create an interesting voice that really works.
Sue is startled but not horrified when Tony turns into a wolf. They forge a connection both of them find unnerving--Tony more so than Sue. There's plenty of adventure here, too. I'd describe Hunter's Moon as paranormal romantic suspense.
I checked out the authors' website, and it looks like their next book is coming out in August. It will be set in the same world, though it looks like the focus is on other characters. With any luck, we'll see Tony and Sue again. I'd love to read more about these memorable characters.
Alyssa
P.S. I do have a cold. It should go away as long as I drink a gallon of water, right?
Labels: 4.0 reviews, a-b reviews, paranormal reviews

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home