Preparing to Be an Extrovert
I leave for Tampa in four days--I haven't figured out where the time went, but perhaps that's not surprising since I'm still amazed that it's 2005. In between all of my packing (I have one suitcase with only books!), I'm trying to finish two book reviews so I don't have to worry about them when I return.
I am also gearing up to be social. I'm a natural introvert; large social gatherings tend to be daunting, especially when I don't really know anyone. It helps that I have the agenda, so I know which times are likely to be more social than others. I can mix and mingle, but it doesn't come naturally when I'm with larger groups of people. I do much better in smaller groups.
I had a moment of panic this afternoon when I realized how much work I need to get done before I leave. I may panic again when I get to work tomorrow and see my inbox. Good thing I started packing early; I may be chained to my desk at work for the next three days.
Alyssa
Labels: book signings, life

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home