A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Brava, Brava Everywhere

This morning I made a much-anticipated trip to the bookstore and came home with:

Out of Control by Shannon McKenna
One Way Out by Michele Albert (which I special ordered)
Going to Extremes by Dawn Atkins
Master of Desire by Kinley MacGregor

I also stopped at the post office to pick up my mail (still no new mailbox, so I've been making the trip every two days), where a copy of Bad Boys Over Easy was waiting, as well as a new package of review books. I've set everything aside but Bad Boys Over Easy, which I'm reading now, and Out of Control, which I'll pick up next. Apparently I'm in a Brava kind of mood.

I've been looking forward to Out of Control. I was disappointed in last year's Return to Me, but OOC is about one of the McCloud brothers, Davy. If you see significant steam coming from my direction this weekend, you needn't send a fire truck. I'm just reading Shannon McKenna.

Alyssa

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 19, 2005 8:08 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Is there an order to read McKenna's books? Hers I haven't read yet.

 
At March 19, 2005 10:19 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Return to Me is a stand-alone story, but the others should be read in this order:

Behind Closed Doors
Standing in the Shadows
Out of Control

Behind Closed Doors is about a friend of the McCloud brothers, Seth Mackey. Standing in the Shadows is about Connor McCloud, and Out of Control is about Connor's brother Davy.

McKenna's stories are quite good, though she tends to write super-alpha men. There's something about them that I can't help but like.

:)
Alyssa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home