A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

E-Book Extravaganza

After an initial test of the waters in the world of e-books, I'm now wading in a bit further. No, I haven't bought a laptop or found my PDA. I'm also not sitting at my computer to read them. Instead, I'm either reading print copies offered by the publisher or copies I've printed from the PDF versions. Here's what I'm reading now and will be reading shortly:
  • Passionate Destiny: Dee S. Knight
    I have a print copy graciously signed and sent to me by the author. I've read about two-thirds and will blog about it once I finish in the next few days.

  • Three Wishes: Amelia Elias
    I read an excerpt that I enjoyed, and it features a hook I tend to like--coworkers who fall in love. I printed a copy to read.

  • The Frog Prince: Ellen Fisher
    After seeing that one of Fisher's books would be reviewed at Paperback Reader, I went to Fisher's site, read a few excerpts, and bought this one. I printed a copy to read.

  • Catching Caroline: Sylvia Day
    I visit Sylvia's blog two or three times a month. I liked the cover and the excerpt, so I bought it. Once again, I've printed a copy.

  • Wildfire: Cheyenne McCray
    I found a print version in a used bookstore will read it this week as well. It looks interesting.
At this rate, I may end up adding more e-books to my TBR pile, which is certainly big enough already. Still, print versions seem to be my preferred method of reading them. (Where is that stupid PDA?!)

Alyssa

Labels:

2 Comments:

At June 24, 2005 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to try e-books forever, and I STILL haven't done it!

 
At June 28, 2005 12:07 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

If you're like me and prefer print books, it will be a challenging transition. There are good e-books out there, and I've been relying on word of mouth. I also make sure to read an excerpt, something I don't always do with print books. But until I find that stupid PDA and can give it a try, I have been printing the stories. I just don't like reading them onscreen, even though I can spend all kinds of time surfing the web.

Go figure.

Alyssa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home