A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Brighter Than the Sun

I read another Julia Quinn novel last weekend: Brighter Than the Sun. I enjoyed it very much and can't believe it's taken me so long to discover Quinn's novels. Better late than never, I suppose. This book rates 4 out of 5.

Charles Wycombe literally drops into Eleanor (Ellie) Lyndon's life when he falls at her feet from a tree after having too much to drink. Ellie helps him home, but not before he asks her to marry him. He hasn't fallen in love with her; instead, he needs to marry in the next few weeks to keep his inheritance.

At first, Ellie refuses the offer, but she reconsiders after her father's new fiancee creates a list of men Ellie could marry. This, combined with her knowledge that the woman will make her life miserable, makes Ellie think again. She enjoys Charles's company, and they marry a few days later.

The most obvious thing about this book is how funny it is. From the first moment, when Charles falls at Ellie's feet, there's a lot to smile about. I loved Charles's lists, for instance, which have headings such as, "Activities to Pursue with Wife," and "Five Ways Ellie Can Move Herself from the Study to the Bedroom." I won't spoil it for you by listing the five ways. It's much better if you find out for yourself. :)

There are some sections in the middle that move slowly, but overall, Brighter Than the Sun is an excellent read, my second favorite Quinn novel--When He Was Wicked is my favorite.

Speaking of bright, here are two scrapbook pages of my nephew's 13th birthday party. It's nice to be scrapbooking again.

Birthday, Page 1
Birthday, Page 2

Alyssa

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home