A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

New Templates and Other Things

As you can see, I've changed my blog template. I seem to get bored with my template every few months, so I've switched to a blue one. We'll see how long it lasts. :) I like the image marking each section of the sidebar (the three squares), and I like the font for the blog entries. I'm having a bit of trouble getting block quotes to work correctly, and my title doesn't link back to the home page (though that's just quibbling). And is it just me or does the text in the headings look a bit squashed? I wonder if it's possible to adjust the kerning. Hmmm. I know just enough HTML to be dangerous, so I may tinker with things a bit.

I worked a few extra hours yesterday. It was worth it; I'm slowly getting caught up. My hope is that by working extra hours through Friday, I won't have to work on the weekend. I have Monday off, and it would be so nice to have a real three-day weekend. Then I can work on the two reviews I have in the works as well as my next Romancing the Blog entry, which I need to start soon.

When I arrived home last night, there was a key in my mail slot, which indicates that I have a package. Unfortunately the key wouldn't work. Between last night and this morning, I spent 20 minutes trying to open the stupid package bin with no success. I'm going to the post office at lunchtime to see what they can do for me. I have a feeling that after all the trouble it takes to open the bin, the package will be from a book club. I belong to three, and I've probably neglected to send in one of the reply cards saying that I don't want a shipment. Oh well. Life, and mail delivery, is always an adventure.

Alyssa

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At February 16, 2005 5:00 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

I had that problem once with my key not working. Turns out the mailman jammed a large package in there and the lock thingy couldn't turn to open it up. Grrr. But a supervisor from the post office actually came out to open it immediately, so that was nice.

 
At February 17, 2005 5:18 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Nicole,

OK, the weirdest thing happened. After spending so much time that night and the next morning trying to open the bin, I went home for lunch, tried again, and it opened immediately. Go figure.

I can only think that maybe the snowfall led to some ice blocking the lock. It had warmed up a bit when I tried again. Whatever the reason, it was still weird.

Alyssa

 
At February 19, 2005 5:34 AM, Blogger lost said...

Nice template! Question: that thing on the side bar, the eye colour. You wear coloured eye lenses?

 
At February 19, 2005 5:34 AM, Blogger lost said...

Lenses? I need coffee. Seriously, I do.

 
At February 19, 2005 11:32 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Maili,

Yes, I have contact lenses in seven different colors--then there's brown, of course, which is my natural eye color.

I realize that it is ridiculous to have contacts in seven colors, but last year I put aside a chunk of money on one of those work "caferia plans" for dental work and I ended up not needing all of it.

So December comes along, and I still had hundreds of dollars left. I had to use it on something health-benefit related, and if I didn't use it all by December 31, I would lose the money.

So I went to my eye doctor and bought five different colors of contacts. I bought so many boxes, in fact, that the manufacturer sent me two more colors free.

So now I have seven different colors. I'm wearing blue today.

:)
Alyssa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home