A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Not What I Had in Mind

When I said that I planned to work on balancing things in my life, having my work projects quadruple in number was not what I had in mind. It's gotten to the point where I have set up my e-mail with an out of office reply even though I am not out of the office. It basically explains that unless an urgent web posting is required, I will not get to the project until next week. I brought work home with me tonight, but I ended up taking a 20 minute cat nap that lasted 3-1/2 hours. Oops. And I still feel exhausted. I'm hoping to get some of these projects out of the way tomorrow.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the comments my Romancing the Blog entry has received. It seemed to spark a lot of interest, which is all I could hope for. Now I just have to decide which of my four ideas to write next . . .

Tomorrow after work I am getting together with my publications coworkers. We're going to have dinner, watch a video, and scrapbook. I will be leaving partway through the video to attend Rachel Gibson's book signing, which I'm very excited about. I'm hoping my mom will let me borrow her camera, since both of mine are giving me trouble at the moment.

Over the weekend, you can expect to see a book signing report and hopefully a book review or two. If I end up not posting a review, it will be because I'm too busy trying to catch up on work. :(

Alyssa

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At February 11, 2005 8:45 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

I'd kill to have 4 ideas for my next RTB post. I'm due up again on March 2 and I don't even have one solid idea.

Think Wendy, think....

 
At February 12, 2005 9:31 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

I'd still like to see your discussion about mated/fated werewolves, though I understand if you put that off because you wanted to write about a nonsupernatural topic.

Alyssa

 
At February 13, 2005 9:04 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

Yeah, I still have the werewolf "mate" thingie lurking around here on a disc. I wanted to avoid 2 paranormal topis in a row - but I guess my first RTB post could be seen as a plea for the revivial of western romances.....

 
At February 14, 2005 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your RTB post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home