A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Catching Caroline

I thought about using "Damn you, Sylvia," as the title of this post, but I decided that was too harsh, even though I mean it in the best possible way. Let me explain.

Last weekend I was doing the web surf thing and I visit Sylvia Day's blog. The cover of Catching Caroline catches my eye (pun intended), and I decide to read the excerpt. From there, I decide to buy the story.

So now I had a new e-book to try. I printed a copy, since it's only 36 pages, and sat down to read. And I loved it. Just loved it! It may be short, but it's a terrific story nonetheless. She sets up the characters well, turns up the heat, and adds a surprising twist: 4.5 out of 5.

Back I go to Sylvia's website to see what else she's written, and here's what I see: another short story and a book that won't be out until early 2006. That's it. If you heard an eerie high-pitched scream, that was me expressing my frustration. Damn you, Sylvia.

And thanks for a fun read. I look forward to the next one.

Alyssa

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At June 24, 2005 7:05 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

Hmm...I might have to try this one out.

Glad that your ebook experience is getting much better.

 
At June 24, 2005 9:59 AM, Blogger Sylvia Day said...

Yay!! I'm so happy you liked the story. :) I have books in the queue with Ellora's Cave. *fingers crossed* they come out before Bad Boys Ahoy! in Feb.

Thank you for raving about Catching Caroline. It means a lot to me.

 
At June 24, 2005 10:35 AM, Blogger sybil said...

36 pages? eek I didn't know it was that short.

Then again I didn't know it was out now either. I shall check it out.

thanks!

 
At June 24, 2005 2:23 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Nicole and Sybil, Catching Caroline is short but good. Check out the excerpt; if you like that, you'll probably like the rest of the story.

Sylvia, thanks for stopping by and for not being put off by my swearing at you. LOL! You can be sure I'll get Bad Boys Ahoy! and I'll check out your EC work, too.

Alyssa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home