Three Wishes
Amelia Elias's Three Wishes is another of my recent e-book purchases. It is an e-book, but this picture shows the format I read it in--yes, I printed it and had it bound. Obviously I prefer print copies. I have yet to fully embrace the e-formats.
Three Wishes is a short story (27 pages, to be exact). I read and liked the excerpt, and since I enjoy romances with coworkers (still haven't figured out why this is so appealing to me), I bought it.
With the help of a genie, Lucas found the love of his love when he met Allyson. Unfortunately, he forgot to wish for her to love him in return. Now Allyson is moving to another branch of the office in another city. Lucas figures he has nothing to lose by approaching her, so he does.
This is a fun story that reads quickly. With short stories, it's crucial to make the characters come to life quickly, and Elias does that well: 4 out of 5.
I loved the way Lucas and Allyson discover they have been fantasizing about each other. Then they go on to fulfill their fantasies. The story is pretty hot. It does make liberal use of one of my least favorite words--p__sy--but that's a personal preference. I did wish we had seen them in the same city at the end, but otherwise I enjoyed the story. It's quite strong, especially for the number of pages.
Alyssa
Labels: 4.0 reviews, c-e reviews, paranormal reviews
2 Comments:
I find that I dont mind reading short stories on my PDA but I have a couple of full length books that Im just dreading reading on there. I'm tempted to print them out on the copier at work!
Hmmm, this doesn't bode well for me. Of course, at the rate I'm going, I may never find my PDA, so I won't have to worry about it.
Alyssa
Post a Comment
<< Home