A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Stalemate

Most true-crime stories include a trial and a verdict. That's not the case with John Philpin's Stalemate.

There's a crime--many of them, in fact: the disappearances of several young girls in California, including Amber Schwartz, Michaela Garecht, and Nikki Campbell.

There's a suspect: Tim Bindner, who has taken a strong interest in the disappearances of these (and other) girls.

There's circumstantial evidence: (1) Bindner made frequent visits to the cemetery where kidnap victim Angela Bugay is buried (interestingly, another man was arrested and convicted of Angela Bugay's murder); trained police dogs later tracked the scents from two of the missing girls to the cemetery. (2) Bindner inserted himself into the case by conducting searches for the girls and by contacting the parents. (3) A witness claims to have seen Bindner shoving a young girl into his car the same day one of the girls disappeared.

There are more things that seem suspicious, but there isn't enough evidence to charge Bindner. Stalemate is a fascinating account of the investigation. It includes interviews with Bindner as well as with the primary investigating officer and the mother of one of the victims.

Did Bindner have anything to do with the disappearances? He hasn't been convicted, but many of the things I read suggest his involvement. Tim Bindner remains a suspect.

Stalemate: 4 out of 5.

Alyssa

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home