A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Guarding Laura

I just finished Susan Vaughan's Guarding Laura, and it was an average read: 3 out of 5.

Laura Stanton is in danger. When it's clear that the man who has been chasing her for months has found her again, Cole Stratton is sent to protect her. Now an agent with the government, Cole has previous ties with Laura. He was her high-school lover. Their breakup was acrimonious, but they still have chemistry.

I like Cole and Laura but never felt more than a mild curiosity about them. Cole is easier to like; Laura's propensity to keep secrets is frustrating. The plot is a bit too predicable: Cole gets distracted, Laura ends up in danger, she's saved, repeat. Some dangers include a leaking boat that almost drowns her and a piano that almost crushes her. It's not a good sign when you start to say to yourself, "Oh, there she goes again. I wonder what will happen this time?" I enjoyed Guarding Laura much more when it focused on the characters than the plot.

As a side note, why do so many romance novel couples reunite after 10 years? Why not 2? Or 6? Or 9?

Alyssa

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home