Blessed Silence
I've been pretty stressed this week. I turned off my air conditioning a few weeks ago, and since then, I kept hearing water dripping from the swamp cooler. Because of the way my house is set up, I could hear the water while I was in my bedroom. It made it difficult for me to sleep, because the dripping became a trickle, then a steady stream. I was terrified that the water would eventually seep into the house.
Today I called my brother, and he came over and took care of it. Turns out I had two bad valves, so he replaced them. Poor guy! The plumbing was created before the basement was finished. Now that it's finished, the valves are in a place that's extremely difficult to reach. I paid him for supplies, and I plan to buy him a gift certificate to thank him for his time. He's really good to me.
The best sound in the world was when my nephew turned on the water, and I couldn't hear the water going through the pipes up to the swamp cooler. There is no water going up to the swamp cooler. I'm sitting here in blessed silence. Maybe tonight I'll be able to sleep.

P.S. Next, I must take care of my leaking washing machine (which is still under warrantee, yay!) and the clogged drains in the bathroom. But I'll take time to enjoy this moment nevertheless.
Labels: life

2 Comments:
So glad you got the plumbing issues fixed. Nothing better than knowing the leaks are gone. :)
That's so true, Michelle. Thanks!
:)
Alyssa
Post a Comment
<< Home