Kiss of the Night and Wish List
Another day, another Sylvia Day book review. I discovered her writing back with Catching Caroline, then I tried "Magic Fingers" from Sex on Holiday. Now I buy and read everything she writes because I know what I will get: memorable characters, hot sex, and an emotional story to go with them. Kiss of the Night is no exception: 4.5 out of 5.
Kiss of the Night is connected to Misled.
Special Task Force agent Alexei Night has had a crush on Interstellar Council Representative Briana Michaels ever since the first time he saw her on the vid comm. But their lives are worlds apart. He's a vampire. She's not. There's no possibility of a relationship between them. Yet he still dreams of her . . .
When Briana's unpopular position supporting vampiric rights threatens her family, Alex leaps at the chance to protect her and be with her. It's a two-week journey to her homeworld, and he'll spend it making love with the woman he can't keep, trying to get enough of her to last an eternity. Their erotic connection is easily established but their bond doesn't overshadow the danger surrounding Briana.
A hopeless romance with a woman whose mortal life is threatened . . . Things can't get any worse for Alex.
And then somehow . . . they do.
Kiss of the Night emphasizes something Day depicts really well: passionate, steamy sex that shows the emotional connection between the characters. As a vampire, Alexei has certain advantages, but he prefers Briana to want him for himself and not because he exerted any influence. I definitely admired that as well as the fact that he doesn't fight what he feels for Briana.
Wish List
Wish List is a Christmas novella, and it's just terrific: 5 out of 5.
When Nicolas James draws Stephanie Martin's name in their law firm's Secret Santa exchange he knows he's in for a merry Christmas--if he can figure out what to give the woman he's wanted for months. When he works late and finds a crumpled piece of paper listing Steph's personal wish list, he knows he's in luck. Because all Steph wants for Christmas is him, in a number of naughty ways.
And not-so saintly Nick is going to make every one of her carnal wishes come true.
Wish List is a contemporary story, and it uses a great deal of humor. Read an excerpt to see for yourself. Nick's fulfillment of Steph's wish list is wonderful. I wouldn't mind having a man like Nick for Christmas. LOL! The only thing I didn't like about this story is that it wasn't long enough.
If you read e-books, I suggest that you give one of Day's books a try. If you read print books only, Bad Boys Ahoy! is due out in January. I haven't read it, but I have no doubt it will be excellent.

Labels: 4.5 reviews, 5.0 reviews, c-e reviews, contemporary reviews, e-books, paranormal reviews

2 Comments:
Needed a break from writing so I downloaded "Wish List" from EC because of this post -- I loved it! Quick, fun and sexy, with depth. It was exactly what I needed. Thanks for the review, and the recommendation!
Meljean, I'm so glad you liked it! I liked it for the same things you did. I think I'm going to go back and reread it. It would be a great unwinding read.
:)
Alyssa
Post a Comment
<< Home