A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Misled

After reading Catching Caroline, I wanted to read more stories by Sylvia Day. Misled is her latest book, and while I didn't love it as much as Catching Caroline, I still enjoyed it: 4 out of 5.

Sable is a bounty hunter. Derek is a task force agent. These jobs put the two at odds when they are searching for the same fugitive, but Derek is determined to get past the obstacles. His new goal is to get the woman he's wanted for two years: Sable. He succeeds, but not for long. Although they spend two erotic days together, Sable ultimately leaves. Derek isn't ready for their relationship to end, so he goes after her.

Misled is pretty steamy. If you're looking for characters with substantial heat and attraction between them, you'll get what you want. The sex starts early in the story and continues throughout. I would have liked to get to know the characters a bit more before they jump into bed, but I also liked how the relationship evolved during sex. Spoiler (to read it, click the beginning of the white space and scroll over it): There's some anal, which just isn't my thing. This scene demonstrated Sable's trust in Derek, and I understood that. I was still glad this was limited to one scene. Other than that, the sex was plentiful and explicit--Day calls a spade a spade. Readers who prefer euphemisms may have trouble with the language, but it worked for the story.

I wanted more explanation at the end. Spoiler: It would have been nice to know the thought process that led to Sable's sudden reappearance. I didn't quite understand what drove her to return at that particular point. Still, I think this is an interesting story by a talented storyteller.

I've read two other stories by this author: Catching Caroline (historical) and "Magic Fingers" (contemporary), both short stories. Misled is the longest one I've read, and it's a paranormal futuristic. Day is clearly a versatile author, and I'm interested to see what she'll write next.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 06, 2005 4:57 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

This one sounds really interesting. WIll have to read it someday.

 
At October 06, 2005 6:09 PM, Blogger Sylvia Day said...

Thank you, Alyssa! :) I'm glad you liked it.

I wrote CAROLINE after MISLED, which was written well over a year ago. (it's been 16 months since I originally submitted MISLED to EC) I was recently told to add MORE sex to this story, so three typewritten, single-spaced pages of sexual content were added at my editor's request. ;)

 
At October 15, 2005 9:15 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Nicole, I hope you like it.

Sylvia, I did enjoy it very much. LOL about the added sex!

:)
Alyssa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home