A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Back from the Doctor

Lots of health and other blah blah. Feel free to skip.

I had my appointment with the doctor today. It was as I thought--diet and exercise are at the top of the list. In fact, he emphasized exercise, and suggested five or six days a week. My next appointment is in two months, and my goal is to have lost six to eight pounds by then. He says this is doable even with my current (bad) diet if I add the exercise, but he advised making some common-sense decisions about the diet as well. I'm already starting to do that.

The doctor had me get on the scale so he knew where we were starting. I asked him not to tell me; I figured it would be a bit discouraging, although I know about what I weigh.

I'm already planning ways to reward myself for meeting intermediate goals. Since I'm avoiding the weight issue, I'm instead going to focus on clothing size. I figure I need to drop three sizes to get to the size I was all through high school and college. Now I'm thinking of things I can reward myself with each time I drop a size. It won't be ice cream. Books might well be on the list.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 03, 2006 3:55 PM, Blogger Megan Frampton said...

At least it's just diet and exercise, Alyssa, and not something more serious (I am assuming).

I am really into goals when trying to achieve something, so how about buying yourself a HTF pricy book when you've dropped a dress-size? ANd only allow yourself to read it when you've dropped another? Of course, what works for me may not work for you, but I have to lose some summer weight, and I am trying to figure out what I can treat myself to.

 
At September 04, 2006 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it's 'just' diet and exercise.

I'm sure by dangling the promised reward of new books in front of yourself you'll have no problems sticking to your plans.

Good luck! Hope you're seeing inspiring results quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home