RWA Report
I've posted about the RWA conference at my alter-ego's blog. Here, though, I'll post about the literacy signing. I arrived in Dallas the day before the signing. I love that extra day of quiet and settling in before the signing and the bustle of the conference begins. I headed down to the literacy signing area half an hour before the signing started. Yes, I had the cart.
It always seems like such a long wait to get inside. This year's crowd was pretty lively. They cheered and applauded when they caught sight of authors entering the signing. Finally, the doors opened and off we went . . .

Suzanne McMinn took this picture of me shortly after the signing started. I was a bit worried about the fact that this year's signing would be two hours instead of three. I found that I did a lot of racing around, especially at first, because I wanted to make sure I reached as many of my favorite authors as possible.
Here's a picture Alison Kent took of Wendy and me. I guess I needed one picture where my eyes are closed, right?

I had a good time, but I ended up buying fewer books than I anticipated. In some cases, I decided to try and get books at the publisher signings. In other cases, the books I'd hoped to get weren't available. For Erin McCarthy, for instance, I wanted to get You Don't Know Jack, but either she'd sold out before I got there or the publisher didn't send it.
With other authors *cough*Jill Shalvis*cough*, I had to chase them down to buy their books. I tracked her down, though. She didn't escape me. ;)
So, here's what I ended up with:
- Exit Strategy: Kelley Armstrong
- Howling Moon: CT Adams & Cathy Clamp
- Wild Thing: Alyssa Day, Marjorie M. Liu, and more
- Passion for the Game: Sylvia Day
- Rising Moon: Lori Handeland
- Passionate Ink: Angela Knight
- Secrets Rising: Susanne McMinn
- The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever: Julia Quinn
- Fanged & Fabulous: Michelle Rowen
- Shadow Hawk: Jill Shalvis
- Smart & Sexy: Jill Shalvis
- Catch a Mate: Gena Showalter
- Visions of Heat: Nalini Singh
- Risking It All: Stephanie Tyler
- The Seventh Key: Evelyn Vaughn
- Stray: Rachel Vincent
- Nate: Beth Williamson
The books listed in purple are the ones I've already read so far.
And I imagine you want to know this year's total. It was the lowest I've spent: $196.17. I was ready to spend much more than this, but I'll save that for next year.
Labels: book signings

3 Comments:
I restrained myself and only spent $70. Mainly concentrated on getting books that were already on my TBB list.
There were so many more that I wanted to get - but alas, I couldn't make it that long. I only ended up buying 4! I helped set up earlier and I spotted TONS I wanted to get.
And that's a nice pic of you and Wendy.
You look so cute and happy! What a fun time!
Post a Comment
<< Home