Invitation
I checked my e-mail, and I've been invited to be a columnist for a new site, Romancing the Blog. I'm intrigued by the idea, but too swamped with work at the moment to make a decision. I'm going to give this some thought. Are there any columnists out there who can tell me what you've been asked to do?
Alyssa
Labels: blogging, romancing the blog
5 Comments:
Well they asked me too - and I accepted. I can't really give you the rundown on exactly "what" I'll be doing/writing or how much because I don't know yet. More information is supposed to be forthcoming.
I believe Rosario has signed on as well....
Oh, fabulous! You'll be asked to write just one entry per month, between 300 and 500 words, about the romance industry, issues relating to romances, romance reading, trends, and such such. Anything that strikes your fancy, as long as it's an interest to you and other romance readers. Making an effort for Romancing the Blog would be about the same as writing your own blog entry. You can't recycle your old blog entries as RTB entries, though, but you still can reuse a topic, e.g. your recent comments about being a reviewer. That's a good topic, so I think visitors would love to know what it's like to be a reviewer. What's the harm in trying? It's only once a month. Do give a try.
*subtle hint mode /on/* YES" YES! *subtle hint mode /off/*
There are four reviewers on the list so far, I think. Let me check: no, three -- Rosario the Fabulous, Kassia of Booksquare, LLB of AAR, and - as Wendy said above - Wendy of Super Librarian. The rest of the list is a bunch of writers [published and aspiring]. I'm the *only* romance reader listed that doesn't review nor write. Heheh!
*subtle hint mode /on/* YES" YES! *subtle hint mode /off/*
I think it'd be great if you said yes. Some of us are nervous wrecks, but we are giving it a try. :) *subtle hint mode /on/* YES" YES! *subtle hint mode /off/*
Hope this help. :)
Alyssa, I'll just add to Màili's subtle hints and say please, please, join us! I am a nervous wreck about this already, but really, one column a month and 300-500 words does sound doable. Maybe we should all get together and brainstorm about column ideas, LOL!
BTW, Màili, "Rosario the Fabulous"?? ROTFL!!! REally!
OK, OK, I just e-mailed Kate with my acceptance. I think I can come up with one entry each month. My previous blog entries indicate that I don't have too much trouble coming up with things to say. :)
Alyssa
Post a Comment
<< Home