A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Hot Rod Heaven

I decided to try Melani Blazer's Hot Rod Heaven after reading Angie's endorsement. I'm so glad I did; I loved it: 4.5 out of 5.

Bree's fiance was killed in a car wreck two years ago, and her best friend, Sebastian (Bash), went missing at the same time. Bree is trying to move on when Bash shows up on her doorstep needing help for his car, but primarily wanting to see her again. Their chemistry soon leads to a relationship that is threatened by ominous appearances by a black Corvette. There's not much more I can say about the plot without venturing into spoiler territory.

This book is excellent on so many levels. Bash and Bree are real people, and I felt like I got to know them quickly. Bash in particular is keeping secrets, but his love for Bree was obvious. As for Bree, her emotions were portrayed so vividly that I felt like I was right there with her. That takes no small skill on Blazer's part.

The mystery of the Corvette is an intriguing one. With each appearance of the car, I speculated about what it could mean and how the story would develop. I guessed part of it, but the ending was a complete surprise.

Hot Rod Heaven is definitely a keeper. I didn't start rereading it immediately (which is how I gauge whether a book is 5 out of 5), but I know I'll enjoy rereading Bree and Bash's story in the future.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home