Private Relations
Nancy Warren is one of my auto-buy authors, and I love her Blazes. When I visited her website yesterday, I realized that she had a new book out. Off to the bookstore I went, and I read the book, Private Relations, this morning. It's terrific: 4.5 out of 5.
Kit Prescott is the PR director at the Hush Hotel, and she has selected several winners of a contest where winners will stay in the hotel and enjoy their fantasy weekend. She and Piper, the hotel owner, are intrigued by one man's contest entry, and he is chosen to be the first winner. What Kit doesn't know is that the man is Peter Garson, the man who literally left her at the altar three years ago.
Peter's contest entry is no accident. Piper agreed to help Peter see Kit again. At first, Peter believed that he wanted to apologize. After spending a day with her, Peter realizes that he never stopped loving Kit. Peter's new goal for the fantasy weekend is to win her back.
Warren's Blazes are usually terrific, and Private Relations is no exception. While I thought Kit slept with Peter too soon after meeting again, especially after the way they parted before, the emotions of both characters seemed real and were well depicted. I was particularly affected by a scene on the roof when Peter admitted his feelings for Kit. It was so beautifully written that it brought tears to my eyes. Warren writes great love scenes, too. They are always an integral part of the story.
This book is part of the Hush Hotel series. I've read two of them so far and enjoyed both.

Labels: 4.5 reviews, contemporary reviews, w-z reviews

6 Comments:
I love the Hush series too! What a concept for a hotel/resort! Two links for ya, in case you haven't checked them out:
the Hush Hotel "website": http://www.hush-hotel.com/
Online reads for other related characters' stories: http://tinyurl.com/bjebn
I saw this one and debated on it. I really like Nancy Warren too, but I really disliked the first Hush book by Jo Leigh. Maybe I will try this one though
I can't wait to read this one myself! I still haven't seen my own Hush cover ...
good to know! I have this :)
I have liked all the hush books but have only read one and three. I have two and four tbr.
I didn't know it was out!
I've enjoyed the other Hush books, and Nancy Warren's an autobuy for me, as well. There was a line in a Harlequin Duet she wrote: "I'm trying to make the dog bark."
It's out of context here, but it was so incredibly perfect that I knew right then I'd buy every book she ever writes.
Angie, thanks for the links! I'll have fun exploring them a bit.
Kristie, we do have totally different opinions about Jo Leigh's books, don't we? If you read Warren's book, I'll be interested in hearing what you think.
Jill, wow, hope you get to see your cover soon.
Sybil, I've read the first and fourth one. I have the third one TBR.
Shannon, thanks for stopping by. I'm trying to remember if I've read that Duet . . . hmmm.
:)
Alyssa
Post a Comment
<< Home