A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Stuck

Did a little blog surfing last night, and I stumbled across a few reviews for the latest book in a popular series. This reminded me that I've read only #1 in the series and haven't read any more. And that got me thinking--there are several series I've stopped reading because I'm stuck somehow.

Black Dagger Brotherhood
I read J.R. Ward's Dark Lover and loved it. I own Lover Eternal--an autographed copy, no less--but haven't even started it. Why? I'm not sure. I think it's partly because I've seen so much written about them that I wonder whether they'll live up to the hype. Not sure why I'm concerned, since I enjoyed Dark Lover, but oh well. There's also the cliffhanger aspect that I'm not too fond of. I imagine I'll get back to the series sometime. I'm just not sure when.

Harry Potter
I bought book #6 within days of its release but haven't read it yet. At first, it was because I didn't want one of my favorite characters to die, and I figured it was his time. Turns out I was right. I still haven't read the book, but a coworker let that one slip. Now I'm not reading it because of the rumors that Harry will be killed off in #7. I may get to it . . . or not. We'll see.

Troubleshooters/Team 16
I love Suzanne Brockmann's books but stalled completely once I hit Breaking Point, Gina and Max's story. I didn't love the direction the couple took in Gone Too Far, so I've been reluctant to read Breaking Point. I've picked up the book half a dozen times but keep putting it back on the TBR shelf. I've considered skipping that book and moving on to the next one, but haven't had luck with that, either. One of these days, I'll start reading Breaking Point, and once I do that, I figure I won't stop. Until then, there are so many TBR options . . .

Anyone else have a series they've stopped reading not because they stopped liking the series, but because they are stuck somehow?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home