A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Thursday, February 08, 2007

13: Questions for Sasha White


Thirteen Questions for Sasha White


Author Sasha White graciously agreed to help me with this week's Thursday Thirteen. Since the contest generated so many terrific questions, she answered thirteen instead of ten (which was my original plan).

1. Linda H asked this question: Out of your books, which one was your favorite to write?

Sasha White: So far, I think it's tie between THE CRIB, my novella in the PURE SEX anthology, and DEVIL's JEWEL which will be in my SEXY DEVIL anthology. Both have suspense elements that made writing them a lot of fun.

2. Here's a second question from Linda H: How did you become published? What influenced you to become a writer and what is your story about making it happen?

SW: Becoming published? Well I just wrote a story and submitted it. I know that sounds simple but it's true. One thing I had going fro me when I started out was I didn't know it was supposed to be hard to get published, so I was intimidated at all. As fro what influenced me . . . I love reading, and I often read stories that I thought could've been better, or where missing something so I thought I'd give it a try.

As simple as my answers are, do not make the mistake of thinking I think writing is easy. It isn't, but I do believe if you want something, anything, all you need to do is go for it.

3. From Ali: Which of your published books do you hold close to your heart? And why?

SW: All of them, because they came from my mind, and my heart. Some were funner than others, some more emotional, some harder or easier . . . but all hold special memories for me.

4. Debby asked: Who are your favorite authors and what books are on your keeper shelves?

SW: Kelley Armstrong, Kay Hooper, Janet Evanovich, JR Ward, Cathryn Fox, Beth Williamson, JJ Massa. Keeper shelf is full of these authors . . . everything I can get from them. :)

5. From Amy S: Have you ever based a character on a family member or friend?

SW: I've given main characters the job or careers of family and friends (makes for easy research) but characters actually based on their personalities, only once or twice . . . and those are secondary characters. I did a contest once last year where I created a secondary character on a reader who won the contest. That character is BRINA JO, she's in the first story in LUSH, my April release from Aphrodisia. :0

6. Aisling asked: What is your favourite romantic pairing of all time, e.g. Ross and Rachel, Bones and Booth, Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton.

SW: Buffy and Angel. from the first three seasons of Buffy . . . after that it sucked. *grin*

[Note from Alyssa: I thought I was the only one who felt this way! Glad to know I have company.]

7. From Caffey: Having written the futuristic books with Amber Quill Press, do you plan to write other genres besides your contemps with Kensington? If so, what genre would you like to write?

SW: I just finished a paranormal for Kensington. It should be out in December (I think) My Berkley HEAT books will always be contemporary, as far as I can think anyway . . . but who knows with the others. I don't plan that far ahead. LOL

I enjoy the futuristics, and paranormals . . . so you never know. :)

8. And a second question from Caffey: If you could invite any five authors to your home to dinner, who would you invite and what would you love to ask them?

SW: Beth Williamson, JJ Massa, Kelley Armstrong, JR Ward, Sydney Croft.

My first question would be . . . What would you like to drink? *grin*

9. MD wanted to know what books are on your TBR list?

SW: Natural Law, Joey Hill
Hard Evidence, Pamela Clare
Children of the Night, Mercedes Lackey

10. From Mary J: What books did you read as a child?

SW: Archie Comics
Sweet Valley High
Har. Temptation

11. Here's a question from Maria: When you're writing your book, do you go out spotting male talent for inspiration, or do you use movie stars, models, etc.?

SW: Actually I do neither. LOL I'm a binge writer. I do nothing for months, then bury myself at home, I usually gain about 10-15 pounds with every book. LOL My heros are from my imagination. Once in a while a magazine ad, or actor will inspire me, but it's not that I go looking for them, it's just like they jump out at me . . . and I think WOW, that's ____ !

12. LindseyAnn wanted to know: Have you experienced any of the things your heroines have experienced in those steamy love scenes you write?

SW: UHmmm Yes. Not everything, but some of them . . . definitely. *grin*

13. Debbie E asked where you get your BDSM ideas.

SW: Some are fantasies of my own. Others I get from talking to people who are either kinksters or 'in the lifestyle'. Or just talking with my friends . . . or listening to the guys sitting at the bar when I'm at work. LOL I'm nosy, I ask all sorts of unPC questions LOL

Sasha, thanks for answering our questions. I appreciate your time and candor.

SW: Thanks Alyssa, for doing this, and thanks for the questions everyone!! This was fun!!

Now, as promised, I've selected one person who submitted questions to receive a copy of Kink. I had a coworker draw a name, and the winner is . . .

. . . Mary J

Mary J, please e-mail me (the address is at the top of the left sidebar) with your address so you can get your copy.

Thanks, everyone, for participating! I have another author review/interview lined up, so watch for it later this month.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At February 09, 2007 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!

 
At February 11, 2007 6:24 PM, Blogger Sasha White said...

It was fun!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home