A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Reading Too Much?

For two nights in a row I've dreamed about books. On Friday night, I dreamed about Alison Kent's The McKenzie Artifact. Keep in mind that I haven't read the book yet. I dreamed that the heroine of the book was LDS (Mormon), and I was curious about how Kent would portray this. As I said, I haven't read the book, but I know the general storyline, and I suspect that the heroine isn't Mormon. Anyway, the dream story ended up being nothing like the back cover blurb, and I woke up feeling confused.

Last night, I dreamed that Eric, from Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series, ended up falling in love with a character who looked like Charisma Carpenter. And she was a really dorky character, too. I kept thinking, "No, he's supposed to be with Sookie." I was truly upset about this new development when I woke up this morning.

I think I know why I had these dreams. I think I read something (can't find it now) about Kent's upcoming book, Larger Than Life, having a plot element about helping young girls escape from evil polygamists. When I read this, I remember hoping that the story wouldn't say that the evil polygamists are Mormon. Mormons who practice polygamy these days will be excommunicated. (Can you guess my religion?) Anyway, I don't want to start a religious debate, but I think that's where my dream is coming from.

As for the second dream, I found a review of Harris's upcoming Dead As a Doornail. It confirmed what I already suspected, that Eric won't be Sookie's love interest in this book. I clearly have a strong opinion about that. LOL! Well, if Sookie doesn't get him, that means he's available for me, right?

Or maybe all of this just means I read too much.

Alyssa

Labels:

3 Comments:

At February 21, 2005 8:24 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

This happened to me in college. I had to read the 800+ opus, TRINITY by Leon Uris for a British history course I was taking (fab book BTW) and write a paper on it. I was literally zipping through a couple hundred pages a night. I was living and breathing that book so much that one night I started talking in my sleep about it....

 
At February 22, 2005 6:55 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

I dream about books too. DH sometimes laughs at me because lots of times those dreams will contain bits and pieces from those dreams. So I'll have evil scientists chasing Navy Seals and gosh, my dream-self is right in the middle. My life may not be exciting, but my dream-life sure is.

BTW, I loved Trinity! I think I need to read it again, was probably over ten years ago when I read it, in my early teens.

 
At February 22, 2005 5:12 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who dreams about what she reads.

Hmm, I may have to read Trinity one of these days.

Alyssa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home