Plots
A good story is a good story, no matter what plot a writer uses. That said, there are some plots I enjoy more than others.
Plots I Like
- Unrequited love
- Best friends become lovers
- Beauty and the beast
- Plain Jane heroines (see exception below)
- Marriage of convenience (see exception below)
- Coworkers who fall in love
- Older women with younger men
- Tortured character finds love
- I hate you, I love you, let's have sex
- Secret babies
- Marriage of convenience because of pregnancy
- Matchmaking or meddling families
- Inexperienced sex experts who want to practice what they preach
- Plain Jane heroines who undergo makeovers and become bombshells
Alyssa
Labels: random reading observations

1 Comments:
Oh, my. My list almost matches yours. I'm not keen on Beauty & the Beast at all. And as for 'Older Women with Younger Men' - it depends. If the main issue is about the age gap, I'm not interested. Otherwise, I'm interested. :) Tortured character finds love - it depends on the definiton of 'tortured'. Here's a couple from my list that aren't on yours: rivals become lovers, and treasure hunts/quests.
As for your Plots I Tend Not to Like? A perfect match. :) A couple of additions: Beauties Who Pretend to be Ugly by Wearing a Pair of Glasses [and in historicals, Putting Ageing Make-Up on their Faces], and the 'Guardian and Ward' storyline. Oh, and the 'I Must Save the Weak and the Poor!' thing in historical romances. Gag me with a spoon.
Post a Comment
<< Home