A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Thursday, November 17, 2005

TBR Challenge: The Marine's Kiss

My informal TBR challenge for November is to read books I started but set aside before finishing. So I revisited The Marine's Kiss, which I bought and started on a recent trip and set aside when I returned home. It wasn't the book's fault that I didn't finish; I didn't unpack immediately and ended up getting distracted by other books. I'm glad I came back to it; it's a nice story: 4 out of 5.

1. Title/Author
The Marine's Kiss by Shirley Jump.

2. Brief Synopsis
Jenny is surprised when her ex-boyfriend, Nate, returns home and agrees to help in her elementary school classroom. What she doesn't know is that the injury that brought him home also means he must leave the Marines, so he's in town for good.

3. Copyright Year
2005.

4. Indicate if you liked or disliked it?
I liked the story. There are fun moments in the classroom and great chemistry between Nate and Jenny. It's a light read. The conflict is interesting: she wants someone who will stay and he hasn't been content in the past to stay in one place. I did think the resolution was a little rushed. Jenny kept saying no to a relationship and then she said yes. It wasn't clear what had changed to make her take the risk. Still, The Marine's Kiss was a cute book.

5. Was the book designated a DIK or Five Heart book at any of the review sites?
I didn't check.

6. Do you agree or disagree with the reviewers?
Not applicable.

7. Is this a new author for you?
Yes.

8. Would you read more by this author?
Yes.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home