A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Reading Update

I started reading The Kitchen Witch by Annette Blair, but I didn't get very far. The heroine is a lousy cook--cooking disaster wouldn't be an understatement from what I've read so far--but the hero gets her an interview to do a TV cooking show. Since the book is called The Kitchen Witch, it's safe to assume she will get the job.

Sorry, but I don't find this kind of scenario particularly funny or even interesting to read about, for that matter. I've never been amused by the woman-fumbles-around-in-a-job-she's-not-qualified-for scenario. I'm not ready for another fumbling story; Linda Francis Lee's Suddenly Sexy was enough for me. So The Kitchen Witch is going back on the to-be-read shelf.

Instead, I'm reading Meggin Cabot's The Boy Next Door. It's a prequel of sorts to Boy Meets Girl--both take place at the New York Journal and share some secondary characters--and it's written in much the same style. I'm enjoying it so far.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. All of my immediate family live in the area, and we are meeting at my parents' house. If I don't get online tomorrow, happy Thanksgiving!

Alyssa

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 26, 2004 8:25 AM, Blogger lost said...

I’ve never been amused by the woman-fumbles-around-in-a-job-she’s-not-qualified-for scenario.Oooh, me neither. I had wondered whether to get The Kitchen Witch or not because I had it in the head [don't ask why] that it's something similar to Alice Hoffman's Practical Magic [I love both versions, book and film]. I suppose not. :) Thanks. :D

Hope you've had a good Thanksgiving. :)

 
At November 28, 2004 9:43 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

My Thanksgiving was nice, thanks! I haven't read Practical Magic, but I wouldn't recommend The Kitchen Witch. Perhaps I'll like it better when I get around to picking it up again, but I don't see that happening for a long, long time.

Alyssa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home