A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Monday, December 06, 2004

Kiss the Bride

Since I've read and enjoyed two of Meg Cabot's books, I decided to try one of her historical romances, published under the name Patricia Cabot. My first selection was Kiss the Bride. I liked this book in addition to Boy Meets Girl and The Boy Next Door. Kiss the Bride: 4 out of 5.

When Emma Van Court's family opposes her marriage to Stuart Chesterton, she elopes and moves with him to Scotland. Six months later, she is a widow. Stuart's cousin James Marbury hears about his death and journeys to Scotland, where he discovers that Emma is being wooed by several men for an inheritence she will receive once she remarries. James is determined to prevent her marriage to another. He has no need of the money, but he has always loved Emma.

Cabot's trademark humor is much in evidence here. In addition to the humor, Kiss the Bride includes amusing dialogue, likeable main characters, and undeniable chemistry. This book is terrific, and I'll definitely look for her other historicals when I make my next used bookstore trip.

I made my Christmas card today. Links to the scans are below, though it didn't scan as well as I'd hoped. I used white ink and silver Pearl Ex powder on the stamped images on the outside of the card. Pearl Ex gives it a bit of sparkle that's difficult to see in a scan or photograph. The scan of the inside of the card shows a smudge on the left that isn't actually on the card. (I guess I'd better clean my scanner.) The blue is more navy than the scan shows. When I tried to darken it, it looked almost black, so I left it lighter than it actually is.

Christmas Card, Outside
Christmas Card, Inside

Last but not least, here are two pages I did with photos from the Utah Shakespearean Festival. Before the plays, they have an outdoor greenshow with performers in costume.

Greenshow, Page 1
Greenshow, Page 2

I will add the journaling once I find my brown marker. It's in my scrapbooking room somewhere . . .

Alyssa

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At December 08, 2004 6:57 AM, Blogger Rosario said...

Ok, you've sold me on Meg Cabot! ;-) You and my sister, actually. She's reading Boy Meets Girl and raving about it, so I'll start that one as soon as she's done with it (very soon, probably, at the speed she's reading it!).

 
At December 08, 2004 2:47 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

LOL! Meg Cabot is excellent. I hope you'll like her work. I look forward to hearing what you think about Boy Meets Girl.

:)
Alyssa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home