A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Where Are They Now?

There are several authors I've enjoyed who haven't published books for a while. Every now and then I wonder about them--if they're still writing, where they are now. My current list, in alphabetical order:

Jan Freed is perhaps my favorite Harlequin Superromance writer. Ever. I've been reading her books since discovering Too Many Bosses (I've had a longtime interest in plots with romance between coworkers) in 1995. Nobody Does It Better is perhaps my favorite of her books, though she's written at least half a dozen, and they're all terrific. Nothing less than 4 out of 5 in the bunch. I believe her story in the 1992 anthology The Gift of Christmas is the last one she published. The last update I heard was that she was taking time off to be with her family.

Lori Herter is a guilty-pleasure read. Her heroes can be incredibly domineering, and her heroines are often naive virgins or the closest thing to them. Nevertheless, I like her. Her latest book is Harlequin Blaze Heat of the Moment, from January 2003.

Patricia Veryan is one of the first authors I read and loved in high school. She writes sweet, historical, love-conquers-all series and is perhaps best known for The Golden Chronicles series. She wrote dozens of books; The Tyrant and Love's Duet are two of my favorites. As far as I know, her last book is The Riddle of the Deplorable Dandy, from 1992.

I read two of Julia Wild's books from the UK publisher Scarlet--a side question, are they still publishing?--Dark Canvas and Blue Silk Promise. The latter is one of my favorites. There are a few other books listed by a Julia Wild, the most recent in 1991, but I'm not sure if it's the same author. I may try one anyway, as it looks like two are still in print, though it gives a 4-7 week shipping time.

These are the writers I'm most curious about. Do you have authors you wonder about, too?

Alyssa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home