A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Thursday, October 13, 2005

TBR Challenge: Go Fetch

I decided the TBR challenge (paranormal romance this month) offered the perfect opportunity to read the second book in Shelly Laurenston's werewolf series. The first is Pack Challenge, which I really enjoyed. Go Fetch was also wonderful: 4 out of 5.

1. Title/Author
Go Fetch by Shelly Laurenston.

2. Brief Synopsis
Conall has wanted Miki ever since he first saw her, but she's continually given him the brush off. When she is attacked by unknown people, Conall becomes more protective than ever, even though Miki can take care of herself. She finds herself liking to have him around, however.

3. Copyright Year
2004.

4. Indicate if you liked or disliked it?
I definitely liked it for many of the same reasons I liked the previous book. Miki is not a heroine who says she can take care of herself and then immediately gets into danger and must be rescued. She is tough and strong. Conall is a great character as well. They are definitely well matched.

I didn't like the end when everyone had to give their opinion about the situation (I'm trying to be vague to avoid spoilers), but other than that, I enjoyed it a lot. I'm interested in the third book of the series, so I'll have to get that sometime. Wish it would come out in print.

5. Was the book designated a DIK or Five Heart book at any of the review sites?
Not sure.

6. Do you agree or disagree with the reviewers?
Not applicable.

7. Is this a new author for you?
No.

8. Would you read more by this author?
Definitely. I just have to decide what.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 14, 2005 6:05 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

I think you can get the first book in print now.

I really enjoy this series.

 
At October 14, 2005 8:38 AM, Blogger Karen Scott said...

Oh I loved this series, I remember I'd been annoyed at some of the dross that I'd been reading, and I decided to try Shelly (despite the crappy purchasing system on the website) and I loved it because it made me laugh out loud, and you know any book that can do that is always a winner!

 
At October 14, 2005 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have her non-series stuff, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Too many ebooks, not enough time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home