A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Never Love a Stranger

I decided to buy Ellen Fisher's Never Love a Stranger after reading an excerpt. I received it from Amazon today and devoured the book in a few hours: 4.5 out of 5.

Annie Simpson is baffled when she walks into her kitchen one evening to find a naked man there. He introduces himself as James and says he is from the future. Events unfold that make Annie believe him.

Wow, this is an excellent book. James and Annie are so vibrant they practically jump off the page. I love the way Fisher lets us get to know these characters through their actions.

The world building is exceptional. There is a lot of information to cover, and it's spaced out through the story so readers can follow what is happening without being bogged down by endless pages of exposition. The story is well paced and kept me engrossed. I was seriously annoyed when the phone rang halfway through the book. Luckily it was a quick call, so I could get back to reading.

I want more futuristics like this one. Now.

On an unrelated note, I finished my Romancing the Blog column. Watch for it tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At October 01, 2005 6:40 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

Thanks so much, Alyssa! I'm so glad you liked it!

 
At October 02, 2005 2:49 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

I loved it! I hope you'll do more futuristics.

:)
Alyssa

 
At October 08, 2005 3:30 AM, Blogger Jaynie said...

yay you can help me nag Ellen for more. I love this book too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home