A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Trojan.Vundo Hell

I was on my computer, minding my own business, when a window popped up saying that Norton AntiVirus has detected the Trojan.Vundo virus on my computer but is unable to repair the file. I went in and tried to delete the file without success. If anyone has dealt with this and can explain what to do in plain English, I'd appreciate it.

There is a special place in hell for people who create computer viruses.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At October 10, 2005 7:27 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

Have you tried this?

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.vundo.removal.tool.html

 
At October 10, 2005 7:37 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

I have a theory people invent computer viruses because they can't get laid.

Good luck getting read of Vundo....

 
At October 10, 2005 7:38 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

That's rid of Vundo. Note to self: do not blog hop before morning caffeine intake....

 
At October 10, 2005 7:40 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

And if that doesn't work, go to www.download.com and get Hijack This. Just read the info carefully as it can mess up other things if you delete the wrong thing.

Just be careful.

 
At October 10, 2005 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Wendy's response!

 
At October 10, 2005 1:24 PM, Blogger Angela James said...

Alyssa, Josh got Vundo on his computer too. The removal tool didn't work. Download Hijack This, like Nicole said. Then, you can go to this website and post your log there and they will tell you what exact steps to take.

http://forums.techguy.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Good luck!

 
At October 15, 2005 9:18 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

I can't thank you all enough for your sympathy and help. The Tech Guy forums were terrific.

:)
Alyssa

 
At October 18, 2005 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Free Trial download of Spy Sweeper took care of in no time, for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home